Ratings Highlights for Tuesday, August 11, 2015
L+SD Final National Ratings
"Pretty Little Liars" Big 'A' Reveal Sets Near 2-Year Ratings High in Target 18-34 and 18-49 Demographics and an 18-Month High in Total Viewers; Favorite Episode Event Yields Series Record 4.5 Million Tweets, Including Finale's 1.6 Million
Triumphant Across Multiple Social Platforms, "Pretty Little Liars" Passes 3 Million Twitter Followers and Is Instagram's #1 Scripted Show with 3.4 Million+ Followers
"Pretty Little Liars"
With its highly anticipated big "A" reveal, ABC Family's "Pretty Little Liars" notched near 2-year ratings highs among target demographics Adults 18-34 (1.4 million/2.0 rating), Women 18-34 (1.2 million/3.4 rating), Adults 18-49 (1.8 million/1.4 rating) and Women 18-49 (1.4 million/2.2 rating) and surged to 18-month highs in Total Viewers (3.1 million), Viewers 12-34 (2.1 million/2.2 rating) and Females 12-34 (1.8 million/3.8 rating) - since 8/27/13 and 3/18/14, respectively. In fact, the finale ranked as the series' #2 summer finale on record in the key 18-34 and 18-49 categories and #3 out of its 11 season finales to date.
The "Pretty Little Lars" finale became the #1 most tweeted TV series telecast of Summer 2015 - and the #3 most tweeted cable TV series episode on record - amassing over 1.6 million tweets, accounting for 50% of all Twitter TV Tweet activity for the day. These over 1.6 million tweets were seen by a Twitter TV audience of 6.2 million unique users and generated over 68 million Twitter TV impressions. Moreover, the 12:00 - 8:00 p.m. favorite episode stunt leading into the finale accumulated a series record 4.5 million tweets, more than doubling its spring-finale marathon-day tally (2.2 million). Impressively, driven by the finale, "Pretty Little Liars" passed 3 million Twitter followers.
"Last night's 'Pretty Little Liars' finale was a true Twitter triumph. ABC Family continues to innovate in how they encourage fan participation across social media, never content to let their social strategy stagnate. And it shows - the summer finale of 'Pretty Little Liars' shattered records by generating more tweets than ever, and not just during the episode itself. Before the finale even started yesterday, 'Pretty Little Liars' fans had already posted more than two million tweets about the show, breaking previous all-day records. Pretty Little Liars still has one of, if not the most, active and engaged Twitter fandoms in existence." - Jenn Deering Davis, Editor-in-Chief, Union Metrics.
· "Pretty Little Liars" Social Media Platform Feats (Fans/Friends/Followers):
· Twitter: Over 3.0 million followers
· Facebook: Over 3.7 million friends
· Instagram: #1 scripted TV show with over 3.4 million followers
· Snapchat: Over 1.4 million friends
· Pinterest: #1 scripted show with 166,000 followers
· "Pretty Little Liars" accounts for the Top 6 most tweeted scripted telecasts in cable TV history:
Program Episode Date Tweets
Pretty Little Liars Now You See Me, Now You Don't 8/27/13 1,892,028
Pretty Little Liars The Lady Killer 8/28/12 1,618,528
Pretty Little Liars Game Over Charles 8/11/15 1,614,007
Pretty Little Liars A dAngerous gAme 3/19/13 1,585,973
Pretty Little Liars A Is for Answers 3/18/14 1,453,689
Pretty Little Liars Who's in the Box? 1/7/14 1,335,408
· "Pretty Little Liars" is cable TV's #1 series of the Summer in Women 18-34 and Females 12-34 and is the #1 scripted cable TV series in Adults 18-34 and Viewers 12-34.
· For the season (6/2/15-8/11/15), "Pretty Little Liars" ranked as TV's #1 series in the hour in Women 18-34 and Females 12-34, was the #1 scripted TV series in Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49 and Viewers 12-34 and the #1 cable TV series in Total Viewers.
· On a weekly basis, "Pretty Little Liars" ranked #1 in its hour for its 130th-consecutive original telecast in Females 12-34 - all telecasts since its June 2010 series launch - 82nd in Adults 18-34, 89th in Women 18-34 and 83rd in Viewers 12-34.
· Summer finale 2015 versus 2014, "Pretty Little Liars" surged by double digits across the board, including by 35% in Total Viewers (3.1 million vs. 2.3 million), by 38% in Adults 18-49 (1.8 million vs. 1.3 million) and by 40% in Viewers 12-34 (2.1 million vs. 1.5 million).
· Based on available full-week DVR viewing numbers, "Pretty Little Liars" spikes by nearly
1.2 million Total Viewers to 3.1 million (vs. 1.9 million) and adds over half-a-million key demo viewers to 1.4 million Adults 18-34 (vs. 786,000), to 1.9 million Adults 18-49 (vs. 1.1 million) and to 2.0 million Viewers 12-34 (vs. 1.2 million).
"Pretty Little Liars" is produced by Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television and is executive produced by I. Marlene King, Oliver Goldstick, Leslie Morgenstein and Joseph Dougherty. The series stars Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Tyler Blackburn, Lucy Hale, Ian Harding, Laura Leighton, Shay Mitchell, Janel Parrish and Sasha Pieterse.
Part of the Disney|ABC Television Group, ABC Family is distributed in over 93 million homes. ABC Family entertains and connects to audiences with bold, relatable programming that celebrates the epic adventure of becoming an adult, from first kiss to first kid. ABC Family's programming is a combination of network-defining original series and original movies, quality acquired series and blockbuster theatricals. "WATCH ABC Family" is an authenticated service which allows viewers with participating TV subscription services access to 24/7 live viewing of the network, as well as continued on-demand access to such popular series at home and on-the-go via a wide array of devices. ABC Family is also the destination for annual holiday events with "13 Nights of Halloween" and "25 Days of Christmas."
Source: NTI, 8/11/15, Live + Same Day. Summer 2015 to date Series Ranks: 6/1/15-8/9/15, most current, excludes repeats, 5 telecast minimum. PLL L+7 ratings: 6/2/15-8/21/15; Social Media Sources: SocialGuide/Nielsen Twitter TV ratings.