HALLMARK CHANNEL'S FIRST ANNUAL 'SUMMER NIGHTS' PROGRAMMING EVENT FINISHES STRONG WITH ORIGINAL MOVIE PREMIERE
'SUMMER OF DREAMS' SCORING AS TOP-RATED PROGRAM
OF THE DAY AMONG HOUSEHOLDS
Six-Week Programming Event Boosted Network to Average Most-Watched and
Highest-Rated in the Saturday 9-11 PM Time Period Among HH and Total Viewers
New York, NY, August 30 - Hallmark Channel's six-week "Summer Nights" programming event came to a successful close with the network's most recent original movie "Summer of Dreams" catapulting the network to be #1 among HH and Total Viewer ratings and delivery, as well as #1 among W25-54 rating.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
· "Summer of Dreams", which debuted Saturday, August 27, averaged a 2.3 HH Rating and 2.5 Million Total Viewers, becoming the #1 HH rated program and telecast of the day
· The original movie was the highest-rated and most-watched movie premiere in the network's "Summer Nights" franchise among HH, W25-54 and A25-54
· Over the event's six week run, Hallmark Channel's "Summer Nights" original movie premieres elevated the network to be the highest-rated and most-watched among HH and Total Viewers in the 9-11 p.m. time period
· Hallmark Channel's "Summer Nights" delivered the #1 HH-Rated movie of the week for six consecutive weeks
· "Summer of Dreams" was the week's most social original movie premiere across broadcast and cable, attracting the most Uniques and Interactions on Facebook and Twitter combined than any other original movie premiere
· The six "Summer Nights" original movie premieres averaged a 1.9 HH rating and 2 million Total Viewers
"Summer Nights," Hallmark Channel's latest annual tent pole programming event, is part of a core strategy to establish seasonal and celebratory franchises throughout the year. In addition to its highly-rated "Countdown to Christmas," the network features year-round franchises including "Countdown to Valentine's Day," "Spring Fling," "June Weddings," and "Fall Harvest."
In "Summer of Dreams," fading pop star Debbie Taylor is on the verge of losing everything - including her freedom - when she runs away to suburban Ohio where she finds her way into teaching music to a talented group of misfit kids. As she lays low and taps into the kids' talents in an attempt to become relevant again, she begins to realize that fame isn't everything. Stars Debbie Gibson and Robert Gant.
Source: Nielsen, July 23-August 28, 2016; Nielsen Social Content Ratings, 8/22-8/28/16.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks' flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 90 million homes. As the country's leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as "Good Witch," "When Calls the Heart" and "Chesapeake Shores"; annual specials including "Kitten Bowl" and "Hero Dog Awards"; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, "Home & Family." Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life's special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including "Countdown to Christmas," "Countdown to Valentine's Day," "Summer Nights," "Fall Harvest" and "Winterfest." Rounding out the network's diverse slate are some of television's most beloved comedies and series, including "The Golden Girls," "The Middle," "Last Man Standing," and "Frasier."
Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube