Live + 3 Ratings
Critically-Acclaimed Season of 'The Fosters' Wraps with
1-Year Ratings Highs in Key Target Demographics
'Pretty Little Liars' Hits Multi-Month Highs and Amasses Over
5.8 Million Views for Its Live Facebook Series-Ending Announcement
The summer finale of "The Fosters" wrapped with 1-year highs in Adults 18-34 (544,000/0.8 rating), Women 18-34 (453,000/1.3 rating), Viewers 12-34 (749,000/0.8 rating) and Females 12-34 (643,000/1.4 rating) and grew for the 3rd-consecutive week to 4-week highs in Total Viewers (1.5 million), Adults 18-49 (816,000/0.6 rating) and Women 18-49 (664,000/1.0 rating) - since 8/17/15 and 8/1/16, respectively. For the season, the series generated an additional near 4.5 million consumer engagements across digital platforms and VOD/STB.
· During the season, "The Fosters" ranked as the No. 1 scripted cable series in the Monday 8:00 p.m. hour in Total Viewers (1.5 million) and across Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49, Viewers 12-34 and Females 12-34.
· Overall, "The Fosters" was the No. 2 scripted basic cable series of the summer in Women 18-34 and the No. 2 basic cable drama in Viewers 12-34 and Females 12-34, behind only "Pretty Little Liars."
· "The Fosters" posted solid gains over the previous season including by double digits in Adults 18-49 (+15% - 879,000 vs. 766,000) and Women 18-49 (+13% - 695,000 vs. 613,000).
"Pretty Little Liars"
The summer finale of "Pretty Little Liars" hit 6-month highs in Adults 18-34 (1.0 million/1.5 rating) and Women 18-34 (851,000/2.5 rating) - since 2/16/16 - ranking as Tuesday's No. 1 scripted TV telecast in the key demos, in addition to Women 18-49 (1.1 million/1.7 rating), Viewers 12-34 (1.3 million/1.4 rating) and Females 12-34 (1.1 million/2.4 rating). Moreover, "Pretty Little Liars" was the No. 1 cable TV telecast in its time period in Adults 18-49 (1.4 million/1.1 rating) and the No. 1 scripted cable telecast in Total Viewers (2.1 million).
A testament to the show's cultish social prowess, the Facebook Live "Pretty Little Liars" final season announcement - featuring creator I. Marlene King and the cast members - amassed 5.8 million Total Views to date, including over 1 million in the first 2 1/2 hours - reaching 17.4 million fans. Overall for the week, excitement around the announcement powered the "Pretty Little Liars" Facebook page to reach a record-setting 76.9 million unique fans and generate an astounding 38.6 million Total Video Views.
· "Pretty Little Liars" once again ranked as the No. 1 scripted basic cable series of the summer in Adults 18-34, Viewers 12-34 and across key female (12-34/18-34/18-49) demographics, as the No. 1 cable series in its time period in Adults 18-49 and No. 1 entertainment cable series in Total Viewers. The series added another 13+ million consumer engagements across digital platforms and VOD/STB for the season.
· Season to date, "Pretty Little Liars" is the No. 1 most social scripted TV show with over 214 million Total Engagements across Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter:
· No. 1 scripted show on Instagram with 5.8 million Total Fans and 85.8 million Total Engagements
· 3.7 million Twitter followers and holder of the Top 6 most-tweeted scripted telecasts in cable TV history
· Remains one of Snapchat's fastest-growing brands with over 1.6 million Friends
· No. 1 scripted show on Pinterest
Source: NTI, Live + 3/Live + 7 U.S. ratings. Series Ranks: Cable Prime, Originals Only, min. 4x. Reach: NPower, Summer seasons, 6-minute qualifier. Social Media Sources: ListenFirst. Digital: WATCH Freeform, MVPD platforms, Hulu, VOD/STB.