FOX DOMINATES DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF WEEKEND
Sunday's Packers-Cowboys Thriller is the Most-Watched
NFL Divisional Playoff Game Ever
FOX Sports is Enjoying its Second Most-Watched NFL Postseason
New York - While the Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers emerged as winners on the field during last weekend's NFC Divisional Playoff Games, FOX Sports dominated in the television ratings. Last Sunday's game between the Packers and Dallas Cowboys, in which Green Bay kicked a last-second field goal to earn a trip to this Sunday's NFC Championship Game on FOX, is the most-watched NFL Divisional Playoff Game ever, averaging 48.522 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research. Additional highlights from the weekend are below:
· Packers-Cowboys drew a 26.1/46 household rating/share and is the highest-rated NFC Divisional Playoff Game on any network in 20 years, since Dallas-Carolina on FOX on Jan. 5, 1997 (27.6/49).
· Sunday's game is the most-watched telecast of any kind since Super Bowl 50.
· Packers-Cowboys is up +24% over last year's Seattle-Carolina Divisional Playoff Game on FOX (vs. 21.1/42 and 36.683 million), which aired in the early window, and up +11% over last year's Pittsburgh-Denver AFC Divisional Playoff Game (vs. 23.6/41 and 42.953 million) which aired on CBS in the comparable window.
· Sunday's game opened with an already huge 19.8/40 with 34.345 million viewers and grew to an enormous 32.3/52 with an astounding 62.434 million viewers from 7:45-8:00 PM ET as the Packers came away with the win in the closing seconds.
· The Packers and Cowboys also set records on FOX Sports GO, marking the most-watched authenticated NFL game ever on the platform.
· The game had 73 million minutes streamed, 5.7 million stream starts and 1.3 million unique streamers, plus a 363,058 average minute audience - a FOX Sports GO NFL record.
· Packers-Cowboys is the second most-watched authenticated event ever on FOX Sports GO, trailing only Game 7 of the 2016 World Series.
· Saturday's NFC Divisional Playoff Game between Atlanta and Seattle, in which the Falcons routed the Seahawks to advance to the NFC title game, delivered a 16.2/32 household rating/share and was the highest-rated event of the day.
· Seattle-Atlanta is the third most-watched NFL game on FOX Sports GO with an average minute audience of 208,000.
Additional highlights on FOX Sports' coverage of the NFL Playoffs include:
· Through three games, the 2017 NFL Playoffs on FOX are averaging 38.984 million viewers, which is +3% higher than last year's two-game average (vs. 37.805 million).
· With that +3% increase, FOX is the only NFL network to post year-over-year audience gains for the Playoffs.
· This year's NFL Playoffs currently rank as FOX Sports' second most-watched NFL postseason ever through the first three games, trailing 2015's average of 39.331 million by just -1%.
The NFL Playoffs on FOX continue with the NFC Championship Game between the Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers on Sunday, Jan. 22. Coverage begins at 1:30 PM ET with FOX NFL KICKOFF, followed by FOX NFL SUNDAY live from Atlanta at 2:00 PM ET. FOX Sports' postseason coverage culminates with the network's exclusive live presentation of Super Bowl LI from NRG Stadium in Houston on Sunday, Feb. 5.