or

[monday, november 27, 2006]    
show: all posts | rants & reviews | interviews | ratings | video
[11/27/06 - 11:52 PM]
AMC Launches Exclusive Broadband Content for American Cinematheque
The network will launch a new micro site which will expand the content offering for the "George Clooney: An American Cinematheque Tribute" with exclusive footage.

[11/27/06 - 10:25 PM]
Oxygen Launched on Cox Communications on Demand Service
Oxygen on Demand is now available in over 15 million homes.

[11/27/06 - 09:25 PM]
Michelle Eliminated from "America's Next Top Model" on the CW
The CW details the latest "America's Next Top Model" elimination.

[11/27/06 - 09:14 PM]
Pale Is the New Tan "Comedy Central Live! Starring Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale Tour" Hits the Road Beginning January 19 in Baltimore
The tour begins at the Lyric Opera House in Baltimore and will continue through more than 25 cities nationwide.

[11/27/06 - 08:03 PM]
Comedy Central's(R) Last Laugh '06 Starring Lewis Black Mind-Blowing Year Crammed Into One Night of Comedy Will Be Taped on Sunday, December 3 at the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles
Greg Giraldo and Patton Oswalt to also be featured in the special, which airs Sunday, December 10 at 10:00/9:00c.

[11/27/06 - 02:02 PM]
The Futon's First Look: "My Boys" (TBS)

[11/27/06 - 01:15 PM]
Queen Latifah Set to Host "The 33rd Annual People's Choice Awards," to Be Broadcast Tuesday, JaN. 9, 9:00-11:00 Pm, Live Et/Delayed Pt on the CBS Television Network
"30 Rock", "The Class" and "'Til Death" are up for favorite new comedy while "Brothers & Sisters," "Heroes" and "Ugly Betty" are competing for favorite new drama.

[11/27/06 - 12:25 PM]
Fast Facts for Sunday, November 26, 2006 (Based on Fast Affiliate Ratings)
ABC spins the numbers for Sunday, November 26.

[11/27/06 - 12:22 PM]
Contestant Won Nearly Three Quarters of a Million Dollars Last Week on ABC's "Show Me the Money"
The winning question: "What sex therapist was born with the name Karola Siegel, and was once trained as a sniper?"

[11/27/06 - 12:21 PM]
ABC.com Extends the Critically Acclaimed ABC Series "Ugly Betty" Online with "Vidas De Fuego," an Original Mini-Telenovela (Telenovelita)
A brief clip from the telenovelita is used every week in "Ugly Betty," but viewers will be able to watch the first of six chapters of the complete two to four-minute "Vidas de Fuego" beginning on Monday, Nov. 27 on ABC.com.

[11/27/06 - 11:20 AM]
Snl Presents Three Live Episodes Back-To-Back with Hosts from the Big and Small Screen and a Music Superstar
Matthew Fox, Annette Bening and Justin Timberlake named December hosts with musical guests Tenacious D, Gwen Stefani and Timberlake respectively.

[11/27/06 - 11:18 AM]
'30 Rock' Makes Its Itunes Debut
NBC Universal regularly dominates the top ten most downloaded list on iTunes with "Heroes," "Studio 60," "Battlestar Gallactica" and "The Office."

[11/27/06 - 11:16 AM]
NBC.com Advances Carole Panick to Vice President, Digital Content and Development
Panick had been Senior Director, Digital Content and Development.

[11/27/06 - 11:14 AM]
NBC.com Names Stephen Andrade as Senior Vice President, Digital Development and General Manager
Andrade had previously served as Vice President, Interactive Development.

[11/27/06 - 10:44 AM]
NBC's '30 Rock' In, ABC's 'The Nine' Out
ABC pulls "The Nine" effective immediately while "30 Rock" gets a three-script extension.

[11/27/06 - 10:03 AM]
Bravo, Sci Fi and USA Book Their January Premieres
Return dates announced for "Battlestar Galactica," "Monk" and "Psych"; launches booked for "The Dresden Files" and "Top Design"; and the off-network premieres are set for "Star Trek: Enterprise" and "Jake 2.0" on Sci Fi.

[11/27/06 - 09:20 AM]
Sci Fi and Rhi Entertainment Meet Again on the Road to O.Z.
The mini-series, wild sci-fi re-imagining of "The Wizard of Oz," will premiere in December 2007.

[11/24/06 - 10:41 PM]
CTV's Corner Gas Secures U.S. Distribution Deal with Superstation WGN
The two-year, 88-episode deal provides exclusive rights to the series in cable and broadcast.

[11/24/06 - 07:03 PM]
Development Update: November 20-24 (Weekly Round-Up)
Over 10 updates on projects in development and tidbits about shows currently on the air!

[11/22/06 - 02:20 PM]
TV Land's the 100 Greatest TV Quotes & Catchphrases Hits the Air with a Comprehensive List of TV's Most Memorable Expressions Over the Past 60 Years
The week-long primetime salute kicks off on Monday, December 11 at 10:00/9:00c.

[11/22/06 - 02:16 PM]
Ncis Soars to Its Best Deliveries in All Key Measures Since Last March
CBS spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 21.

[11/22/06 - 02:15 PM]
Quick Take for Tuesday, November 21, 2006 (Based on Fast Affiliate Ratings)
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 21.

[11/22/06 - 02:14 PM]
This Season ABC Offers the Gift of Holiday-Themed Episodes and Movies Along with New and Classic Specials
ABC details is various holiday-themed episodes, movies and specials.

[11/21/06 - 09:46 PM]
Comcast and the Walt Disney Company Announce Long-Term Comprehensive Distribution Agreements Securing Carriage for Disney Media Networks' Products and Services
Comcast acquires Disney's minority interest in E! Networks while select ABC series will join Comcast's ON DEMAND lineup.

[11/21/06 - 09:30 PM]
Spike TV Takes Gaming to the Next Level
Nominees of Spike TV's 2006 Video Game Awards were determined by the VGA Advisory Council, composed of some of the most respected gaming industry experts.

[11/21/06 - 09:24 PM]
The N Spreads Holiday Cheer with the "Give Some, Get Some Giveaway" Beginning November 27
Each week, The N will auction exclusive items from four network series during the "Giveaway."

[11/21/06 - 08:39 PM]
ESPN's NFL Coverage Up 36% VS. 2005
ESPN spins the numbers for Monday, November 20.

[11/21/06 - 08:38 PM]
The CW Posts Sweep-To-Sweep and Season-To-Date Gains Over the WB in Target Demo of Adults 18-34
The CW spins the numbers for the week of November 13-19.

[11/21/06 - 08:37 PM]
CBS Makes It 9 for 9
CBS spins the numbers for the week of November 13-19.

[11/21/06 - 08:35 PM]
Primetime Ratings Report for the Week of November 13, 2006
ABC spins the numbers for the week of November 13-19.

[11/21/06 - 08:25 PM]
New FX Drama Series "Dirt" Set to Premiere Tuesday, January 2 at 10pm ET/PT
Courteney Cox stars and executive produces the series, about the editor-in-chief of two of the country's most widely read tabloid magazines, which control the fates of the celebrities lining the pages.

[11/21/06 - 11:09 AM]
Carson Kressley, DR. Laura Schlessinger and Jack La Lanne Bring Christmas Cheer with Cameo Roles in NBC's "The Year Without a Santa Claus" Premiering December 11 (9-11 P.M. Et)
John Goodman, Chris Kattan, Ethan Suplee, Eddie Griffin, Delta Burke, Harvey Fierstein, Michael McKean and Carol Kane all star in the original movie.

[11/21/06 - 11:08 AM]
NBC's Primetime Lineup Finishes Week Nine with a 12 Percent Jump Versus Its 18-49 Rating for the Same Week Last Year
NBC spins the numbers for the week of November 13-19.

[11/21/06 - 11:05 AM]
Lorraine Nicholson Selected as 2007 Miss Golden Globe at 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards to Be Telecast Live on NBC on JaN. 15
Lorraine, age 16, is the daughter of six-time Golden Globe recipient and former Cecil B. DeMille honoree Jack Nicholson and Rebecca Broussard.

[11/21/06 - 10:24 AM]
After One Month, CBS Content Among Most Viewed Videos on Youtube
The most-watched video - the "NCIS" clip entitled "Cat Fight."

[11/21/06 - 10:23 AM]
Warren Beatty to Receive Hfpa's Cecil B. Demille Award at 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards to Be Telecast Live on NBC on JaN. 15
Nominations for "The 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards" will be announced at 5:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 14.

[11/21/06 - 09:53 AM]
Wwe(R) Returns to Iraq
On Christmas night, the WWE will present "WWE Tribute to the Troops: Christmas in Baghdad," a new special at 9:00/8:00c.

[11/21/06 - 09:51 AM]
Acclaimed 'Arrested Development' Series Begins on Msn Video
The first five episodes are available today at http://arresteddevelopment.msn.com and, starting Dec. 15, three new episodes will be added every three weeks.

[11/21/06 - 09:17 AM]
The "Break" Is Over When "Prison Break" Returns for More Nonstop Action Beginning Monday, January 22, on Fox
The series returns with one-hour recap special on January 22 with new episodes resuming on January 29.

[11/20/06 - 05:44 PM]
Blood Ties; Brand New Drama
The series, based on Tanya Huff's "Vicki Nelson" novels, is scheduled to be broadcast on Lifetime in 2007.

[11/20/06 - 04:00 PM]
GSN Premieres New Holiday Treats for Poker Fans: 'UltimateBET.net Aruba Classic' and 'Best of High Stakes Poker' in December
$2.6 million in prize money is at stake at the "UltimateBet.Net Aruba Classic," which airs Friday, December 8 at 10:00/9:00c.

[11/20/06 - 03:58 PM]
Cats Finally Get Their Night in Prime Time!
The cable channel will air the "CFA International Cat Championship" on Tuesday, March 27 at 8:00/7:00c.

[11/20/06 - 03:56 PM]
GSN Airs 'The Chuck Barris Story: My Life on the Edge' December 10
The documentary features a candid interview with Barris, in addition to Phyllis Diller, Jamie Farr and George Clooney.

[11/20/06 - 03:55 PM]
GSN to Air 'Worldwide Webgames Championship' December 3
Todd Newton hosts the special, which features the best causal games players - such as Bejeweled 2, Zuma and Solitaire - in the world.

[11/20/06 - 03:52 PM]
Lifetime Television Orders New Half-Hour Reality Series 'Gay, Straight Or Taken?' a Distinctive New Dating Show About Finding MR. Right
The new series puts a modern twist on the traditional dating show where one woman meets three men and through a series of dates, must decide who is gay, straight or already taken.

[11/20/06 - 03:51 PM]
Stephen Colbert to Establish the World's First "Stephen Colbert Museum and Gift Shop" in Alabama's Colbert County
The multi-part celebration will air during the week of Monday, November 27 at 11:30/10:30c.

[11/20/06 - 03:49 PM]
Fast Facts for Sunday, November 19, 2006 - (Based on Fast Affiliate Ratings)
ABC spins the numbers for Sunday, November 19.

[11/20/06 - 02:54 PM]
News Corporation Cancels Simpson Book and TV Special
News Corp. Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch has canceled publication of the book "If I Did It" as well as the corresponding FOX broadcast network special.

[11/20/06 - 11:57 AM]
Return of "Reba" and a Growing "7th Heaven" Lift the CW to Best Sunday of the Season
The CW spins the numbers for Sunday, November 19.

[11/20/06 - 11:56 AM]
Bob Saget, Catherine Bell, Chris Sarandon and Bernadette Peters Guest Star on NBC's 'Law & Order: Svu,' Tuesday, November 28, (10 P.M. ET/PT)
The star-studded episode showcases a rare dramatic appearance by funnyman Bob Saget.

[november 2006]  
S
M
T
W
T
F
S

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[10/17/19 - 08:13 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Chicago" Crossover Puts NBC on Top
The Peacock wins the night in total viewers, shares the adults 18-49 crown with FOX.

[10/17/19 - 07:01 AM]
Quibi Teams Up with E! and Rotten Tomatoes to Create Two Daily Entertainment Shows
As part of the new agreement, two daily shows will be developed and produced in collaboration with the NBCUniversal Digital Lab for Quibi's curated news and information programming, Daily Essentials.

[10/16/19 - 03:41 PM]
Torrey DeVitto, Chad Michael Murray, Lolita Davidovich, Grant Show and Drew Seeley Star in "Write Before Christmas," A New, Original Movie Premiering November 17, on Hallmark Channel
When Jessica (DeVitto) is dumped by her boyfriend right before Christmas, she sends the five cards meant for him to five people who changed her life and somehow sets off a chain reaction of love.

[10/16/19 - 03:40 PM]
HBO Max Bolsters Premium Original Drama Team
"The premium drama bar is set high, and I have no doubt this talented team will deliver and be great creative partners to great creators," said Kevin Reilly.

[10/16/19 - 03:40 PM]
Kristin Chenoweth and Scott Wolf Discover Love at the Holidays in "A Christmas Love Story," A Hallmark Hall of Fame Presentation Premiering December 7, on Hallmark Channel
Youth choir director Katherine Clark (Chenoweth) is preparing her students for their annual Christmas Eve show and discovers a new teen volunteer, Danny (Kevin Quinn), has an incredible voice.

[10/16/19 - 01:43 PM]
Video: Check Out the Official Trailer for Hulu Original Comedy Series "Dollface"
Kat Dennings, Brenda Song, Shay Mitchell and Esther Povitsky star in the project, due on Friday, November 15.

[10/16/19 - 01:35 PM]
HBO Max Picks Up "EQUAL" Docu-Series Chronicling Landmark Events and Forgotten Heroes of LGBTQ+ Movement
Each hour-long episode in the series plays like a thriller, bringing to life the high stakes and hard deadlines of historical events that have not yet been given their due.

[10/16/19 - 01:32 PM]
Critically-Acclaimed Limited Series "Unbelievable" Watched by 32 Million Member Households
Netflix details the show's viewership from its first 28 days.

[10/16/19 - 01:31 PM]
"Stranger Things" Season 3 Was the Most Watched Season to Date
The streaming service reveals 64 million member households watched in its first four weeks.

[10/16/19 - 11:29 AM]
Food Network Makes the Holiday Season Merry and Bright with More Series, Specials and Stunts Than Ever Before, Celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year's
Highlights include two new series, eight specials, several returning fan-favorites and seasonal stunts.

[10/16/19 - 11:18 AM]
Video: "The Laundromat" - 60 Trailer - Netflix
A widow (Meryl Streep) investigates an insurance fraud, chasing leads to a pair of Panama City law partners (Gary Oldman and Antonio Banderas) exploiting the world's financial system.

[10/16/19 - 11:13 AM]
Netflix Secures Rights to Award-Winning Cartoonist Jeff Smith's Internationally Acclaimed Comic Book Series "Bone"
The animated kids series follows the iconic Bone cousins on an adventure through a vast, uncharted desert and into a mysterious valley filled with wonderful and terrifying creatures.

[10/16/19 - 11:11 AM]
HGTV's "A Very Brady Renovation: Holiday Edition" Gives Recently Overhauled Brady Bunch House a Groovy Holiday Transformation with Help from Ree Drummond, Jasmine Roth and Brady Cast
"We have remarkable star experts across every area of lifestyle content, so of course we're inviting Food Network star Ree Drummond to HGTV's Brady holiday episode," said HGTV president Jane Latman.

[10/16/19 - 11:05 AM]
Carey Mulligan, Ralph Fiennes, Lily James, and Johnny Flynn Will Star in Netflix's "The Dig"
The film revolves around a wealthy widow and the amateur archaeologist who make a historic discovery when excavating the burial mounds on her estate.

[10/16/19 - 11:00 AM]
Showtime(R) to Develop Limited Series Based on the Bestseller "Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber"
Pivoting on Travis Kalanick, Uber's hard-charging CEO who was ultimately ousted in a boardroom coup, the limited series will depict the roller-coaster ride of the upstart transportation company, embodying the highs and lows of Silicon Valley.