THE HUB TV NETWORK BREWS DELIGHTFULLY GHOULISH LINEUP OF PROGRAMMING FOR "THE HAUNTED HUB" HALLOWEEN WEEKEND
Spooktacular Roster Includes Frankie Jonas Guest-Starring in "Scariest" Episode of "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series"
Halloween-Themed Episodes of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" and "The Adventures of Chuck & Friends,"
Plus Special Programming Marathons Highlight Holiday Schedule
Los Angeles, CA - Capping a month of Halloween-themed programming, The Hub TV network is the only place to be for kids and their families on Halloween weekend as the network presents "The Haunted Hub," a delightfully ghoulish slate of Halloween programming with hours of hair-raising fun for the entire family.
Beginning Friday, October 28, and culminating on Halloween, the network will launch special Halloween-themed episodes and marathons of popular programming including an all-new, spine-chilling episode of "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" starring Frankie Jonas ("Jonas" TV series) that may well be the scariest episode ever of the popular, award-winning anthology series.
Scare-a-thons of both "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" and Scholastic's popular "Goosebumps" series based on the best-selling books written by R. L. Stine, will run throughout the holiday weekend. And for younger kids, "The Haunted Hub" weekend will feature Halloween-themed episodes of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" and "The Adventures of Chuck & Friends."
Highlights of "The Haunted Hub" weekend schedule:
· Friday, October 28, 10 a.m. ET - "The Adventures of Chuck & Friends" (encore on Monday, October 31, 10 a.m. ET) In "Ghost Stories," Chuck and his pals embark on a spooky chase to discover the identity of a mysterious "ghost." Produced by Hasbro Studios.
· Friday, October 28, 2 p.m. ET - "The Haunted Pumpkin of Sleepy Hollow" Special (encore presentations throughout the weekend). Inspired by Washington Irving's classic short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," this hour-long animated special follows friends Nick and Katie on Halloween on their search for the biggest and best pumpkin in the patch. Unfortunately, the pumpkin they choose is haunted by the ghost of the Headless Horseman...and he wants his head back!
· Friday, October 28, 3 - 7 p.m. ET - "Truth or Scare" Halloween Marathon (with different episodes airing Monday, October 31, 1 - 3 p.m. ET) Hosted by Michelle Trachtenberg ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), "Truth or Scare" goes deep into the shadows to explore haunted houses, mythical beasts, and ancient legends around the globe. These back-to-back, half-hour live-action tales of paranormal phenomena and famous hauntings will leave you wondering, is this Truth or Scare? Produced by 44 Blue Productions.
· Saturday, October 29, 10 a.m. ET - "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" (encore presentations throughout weekend). The Halloween-themed episode "Luna Eclipse" centers on the Ponyville celebration of Nightmare Night. The celebrations are in full swing when Princess Luna comes to Ponyville determined to change her frightening public image. Produced by Hasbro Studios.
· Saturday, October 29, 5 p.m. ET - "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series," All-new episode (encore presentations throughout the weekend). Frankie Jonas ("Jonas" TV series) and Kacey Rohl ("The Killing") guest star in "Pumpkinhead," a new Halloween-themed episode that follows three siblings as they visit a spooky pumpkin patch. But the patch's sinister farmer seems to have more tricks than treats in store for the kids in this spooky episode of the live-action series produced by Haunting Hour Productions, Ltd. and inspired by the master of children's horror himself, R.L. Stine ("Goosebumps").
· Saturday, October 29, 3 - 9 p.m. ET - "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" Marathon (with different episodes airing Monday, October 31, 5 - 7 p.m. ET). Anthological storytelling returns to television in this half-hour, live-action children's series that embraces the thrill of the chill taking viewers, young and old, on a new and creepy adventure every week. With back-to-back episodes to celebrate the Halloween holiday, this is the show kids won't let their parents watch by themselves! The series is produced by Haunting Hour Productions, Ltd. and inspired by the master of children's horror, R.L. Stine ("Goosebumps").
· Sunday, October 30, 3 - 7 p.m. ET - "Goosebumps" Marathon (with different episodes airing Monday, October 31, 3 - 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. ET) Based on the award-winning "Goosebumps" books written by R.L. Stine, the anthology series is set in a strange reality where nothing is ever as it seems. The marathon will feature highlights of the eight scariest episodes of the series including iconic Halloween episodes "The Haunted Mask" and "The Haunted Mask II." Produced by Scholastic Media.
Viewers can visit www.hubworld.com for a complete schedule of Halloween programming on The Hub and to find The Hub TV network in their area.
THE HUB is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and reaches approximately 61 million U.S. households. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Visit The Hub at www.hubworld.com for more videos, games and fun!