[07/12/12 - 01:33 PM]
Steven Tyler Has Decided to Depart His Role as Judge on "American Idol"
"After some long... hard... thoughts... I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress 'American Idol' before she boils my rabbit," said Tyler.

[via press release from FOX]

Steven Tyler has decided to depart his role as a judge on AMERICAN IDOL. Tyler served as a judge during the 10th and 11th seasons of IDOL.

"After some long...hard...thoughts...I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress 'American Idol' before she boils my rabbit," said Tyler. "I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I'm back - but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I've got two fists in the air and I'm kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass - the ultimate in auditory takeover...On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars...IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it...Now it's time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD."

"It's been a tremendous honor to have Steven - one of the most prolific artists in the world - on AMERICAN IDOL for the past two seasons," said Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. "He's been a terrific judge, a true friend and great mentor to everyone involved with the show, and we know he'll continue to be a huge inspiration to IDOL hopefuls for years to come. We are very sad that Steven has chosen to focus more on his music, but we always knew when we hired a rock 'n' roll legend, he would go back to the music. We all wish him all the best and would love to have him back on the show anytime."

"Steven Tyler is a real 'Idol,' a rock legend. If you had told me 10 years ago he would be a judge on AMERICAN IDOL, I would have thought it impossible," stated IDOL creator and executive producer Simon Fuller. "The fact that this became a reality and we had the pleasure of him gracing our stage for two seasons makes me very proud. I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. AMERICAN IDOL will miss him!"

"We're all very thankful and privileged that Steven joined AMERICAN IDOL two years ago," said Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia. "A true music icon, he not only brought rock 'n' roll to the show, but also his exceptional taste in spotting and nurturing undiscovered talent. We will sincerely miss his poetic phrases, his remarkable creativity and his unique spirit. We're sad about his departure from the show, but understand his decision to return to music full-time and hope he'll be back to grace the AMERICAN IDOL stage in seasons to come."

AMERICAN IDOL is produced by 19 Entertainment, a division of CKX, Inc. and FremantleMedia North America, Inc.

[july 2012]

[10/24/16 - 02:45 PM]
"Frozen," Walt Disney Animation Studios' Blockbuster Film, Makes Its Network Broadcast Premiere on ABC This Holiday Season
Look for "The Making of Frozen: A Return to Arendelle" that same night, Sunday, December 11 on the Alphabet.

[10/24/16 - 02:19 PM]
Video: MTV's "Sweet/Vicious" First Look Promos!
MTV's new series starring Eliza Bennett and Taylor Dearden and created by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson premieres November 15.

[10/24/16 - 01:21 PM]
TLC & Discovery Family to Premiere "Unichef: Uniting Through Food" on Thursday, November 17
The special will premiere at 7/6c on TLC followed by an encore presentation at 9/8c on Discovery Family Channel.

[10/24/16 - 01:20 PM]
Louis C.K., Ryan Reynolds, Tracy Morgan and More Join the Guest List as TBS's "Conan" Heads to New York for a Week of Shows
It will also continue O'Brien's string of innovative road show broadcasts from cities across the United States and around the globe.

[10/24/16 - 12:38 PM]
Food Network Gets Festive for the Holidays with the Return of "Cake Wars: Christmas"
Jonathan Bennett hosts the six hour-long episodes filled with the most over-the-top Christmas cake confections ever seen.

[10/24/16 - 11:21 AM]
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas" 2016 Original Movie Premieres
"Love Always, Santa" will kick things off Sunday, November 6 on the cable channel.

[10/24/16 - 11:15 AM]
National Geographic Channel Announces Unprecedented and Historic Global Release of "Before the Flood"
"In our minds, there is no more important story to tell, no more important issue facing our planet than that of climate change," said Courteney Monroe.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
"Underfire: The Untold Story of PFC. Tony Vaccaro," Recounting the Life of a WWII Combat Infantryman and War Photographer, Debuts Nov. 14 on HBO
The film chronicles the life and vision of this remarkable man, exploring how photography defines the way the public perceives armed conflict, and revealing the sheer difficulty of survival while taking photos in a war zone.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
The CW Orders New Seasons of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?," "Penn & Teller: Fool Us," and "Masters of Illusion" for Summer 2017
The new seasons of these series will return as part of The CW's 2017 Summer schedule, with dates and times to be announced later.

[10/24/16 - 10:23 AM]
Video: Four New Promos for FX's New Drama Series "Taboo" Starring Tom Hardy
The new original series from Tom Hardy and Ridley Scott premieres early 2017.

[10/24/16 - 10:09 AM]
Video: Amazon Releases Retro 80s Commercial for "Red Oaks" Season 2
Look for the new season to premiere on Amazon Prime Video November 11.

[10/24/16 - 09:13 AM]
Amazon Original Series "The Grand Tour" Announces Studio Recording in Nashville, TN
"The Grand Tour" will launch in 4K on Friday, November 18 exclusively for Amazon Prime members.

[10/24/16 - 08:54 AM]
Seahawks-Cardinals "SNF" Leads Preliminary Results for the Night Among the Big 4 in Every Key Measure
NBC spins the numbers for Sunday, October 23.

[10/24/16 - 08:43 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: "Sunday Night Football" Keeps NBC on Top
The Peacock once again leads the evening among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/24/16 - 07:55 AM]
Mike Tirico to Make Horse Racing Debut as Host of NBC's Primetime Coverage of the 2016 Breeders' Cup
"What a great event and venue for my maiden voyage with our incredibly talented horse racing team," Tirico said.