DIY NETWORK AND MLB NETWORK TEAM UP WITH PINTEREST FANS TO "PIN YOUR TURF" FOR A "YARD CRASHERS" AMBUSH
NEW YORK, April. 8, 2013 - DIY Network joins forces with MLB Network in the ultimate contest "Pin Your Turf, We'll Crash Your City!" for a chance to have licensed contractor Matt Blashaw and the Yard Crashers team ambush the winning baseball town. Nine Major League Baseball club cities are featured on DIY Network's Pinterest Board, where fans can pin postcards from select cities starting today, Monday, April 8 to Wednesday, May 8 - increasing the hometown score with each competitive re-pin. Shooting this summer and premiering in 2014, a special episode of Yard Crashers will feature the winning city's ambush and surprise one lucky fan with a home run outdoor makeover.
"People always ask me to come and crash their space," said Matt Blashaw, host and licensed contractor of DIY Network's Yard Crashers. "Now is your chance. Just show your club some Pinterest love and I may show up in your town, your yard, and give you a winning space!"
The MLB clubs represented include:
· Pittsburgh Pirates: The Pittsburgh Pirates are looking to build on a promising 2012 season, led by star player Andrew "Cutch" McCutchen.
· Colorado Rockies: The Colorado Rockies are celebrating their 20th anniversary this year, with new rookie manager Walt Weiss at the helm.
· San Francisco Giants: The reigning World Series champions are looking to get back to their third World Series in four years, with 2012 National League MVP catcher Buster Posey and star pitcher Matt Cain.
· Oakland Athletics: The A's finished the 2012 season as American League West champions, sending the club and its "Green Collar Baseball" to the Postseason for the first time since 2006.
· Milwaukee Brewers: Also known as "The Brew Crew," the Brewers' 2013 lineup is led by 2011 National League MVP Ryan Braun and new starting pitcher Kyle Lohse.
· Seattle Mariners: With one of the best pitchers in all of MLB, "King" Felix Hernandez, and a big bat from outfielder Michael Morse, the Mariners hope to make a run in the American League West in 2013.
· San Diego Padres: The Padres are aiming to compete in the National League West this year with their star third baseman, 2012 National League Silver Slugger and Gold Glove Award winner Chase Headley.
· Houston Astros: The Houston Astros have a new manager, Bo Porter, a new logo and new fan slogan, "It's a whole new ballgame!" for the club's first year playing in the American League.
· Minnesota Twins: The Minnesota Twins are led by homegrown star catcher Joe Mauer and hope to give the rest of the clubs in the American League Central a run for their money in 2013.
Starting in 2009, DIY Network and MLB Network partnered together for special episodes of DIY Network's popular series, including Yard War: Baseball in 2010, House Crashers in 2011, Desperate Landscapes and Man Caves in 2012, and currently Mega Dens in 2013.
Official rules are available on DIYNetwork.com. Catch all new episodes of Yard Crashers on Monday nights at 10 p.m. ET on DIY Network. Viewers can also become fans of DIY Network and interact with other home improvement enthusiasts and do-it-yourselfers through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. DIY Network is available nationwide on DISH Network Ch. 111 and DIRECTV Ch. 230, and additional cable channel designations may be found by checking local listings and DIYNetwork.com/tv.
About DIY Network
DIY Network, from the makers of HGTV and Food Network, is the go-to destination for rip-up, knock-out home improvement television. Currently in more than 58 million homes, DIY Network's programming covers a broad range of categories, including home improvement and landscaping. The network's award-winning website, DIYNetwork.com, consistently ranks among America's top home and garden Internet destinations for entertaining videos, home improvement advice, step-by-step instructions, message boards, blogs, an interactive program guide and more. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn., DIY Network is wholly owned by Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (SNI).
About MLB Network
MLB Network is the ultimate television destination for baseball fans, featuring the Emmy Award-winning MLB Tonight, live games, original programming, highlights, and insights and analysis from the best in the business, including Bob Costas, Peter Gammons, Jim Kaat, Al Leiter and Harold Reynolds. MLB Network debuted on January 1, 2009 as the largest launch in cable television history and is currently distributed in more than 70 million homes throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information and to find MLB Network in your area, go to www.mlbnetwork.com.