"MYTHBUSTERS" IS BACK MAY 1ST CELEBRATING 10 AMAZING YEARS ON DISCOVERY!
Starting May 1 at 9pm ET/PT, MYTHBUSTERS kicks off all-new episodes by revisiting the first myth that was ever tested 10 years ago and finding out if a rocket-propelled car can actually fly. Other highlights this season include a BREAKING BAD crossover episode, an epic collaboration with the DEADLIEST CATCH captains and an episode featuring Indycar driver Ryan Briscoe and Olympic runner Wallace Spearmon. MYTHBUSTERS, which kicked off on Discovery Channel in 2003, is hosted by Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, along with Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Grant Imahara. Inspiring a generation to inquire, interact and get involved with science, MYTHBUSTERS uses a signature brand of explosive experimentation to prove or disprove popular myths, misconceptions or legends.
Over the past 10 years, the team has tested 885 myths, filmed over 7200 hours, created 815 explosions and used 43,500 yards of duct tape.
Additional Spring 2013 myths will include:
· Can power naps taken over a 30-hour period double your performance as opposed to staying away for 30 hours straight?
· Is a crab pot really indestructible like the DEADLIEST CATCH captains claim it is?
· Which is more sanitary: drying your hands with a hand dryer or a hand towel?
· What is the best way to protect yourself during an earthquake?
· Is it actually possible that Indy racing drivers sweat so much that they can lose 10 pounds of body mass per race?
· Are women better than men at multitasking?
· Can you really use explosives to help paint a room?
FAN SITE: http://discovery.com/mythbusters