[04/19/13 - 01:57 PM]
Terror in Boston: Hour-Long Special Editions of "NBC Nightly News" at 6:30p ET and "Rock Center with Brian Williams" at 10P/9C
Plus: Natalie Morales speaks to the family of Sydney Corcoran, whose iconic image was seen around the world as a stranger in a red shirt came to her aid.

TERROR IN BOSTON: HOUR-LONG SPECIAL EDITIONS OF "NBC NIGHTLY NEWS" AT 6:30P ET AND "ROCK CENTER WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS" AT 10P/9C

Anchored by Brian Williams - Pete Williams, Kerry Sanders, Lester Holt, Richard Engel, Harry Smith, Kate Snow, Ann Curry, and Natalie Morales Report

NEW YORK, NY - April 19, 2013 - NBC News' comprehensive live coverage of the terror in Boston continues into the evening with an expanded one-hour edition of "NBC Nightly News" at 6:30p ET, as well as an in-depth look at the recent developments on "Rock Center with Brian Williams" at 10p/9c.

Featuring interviews from survivors, stories of heroes, and the latest developments on the manhunt for the suspect, Harry Smith, Kate Snow, Richard Engel, Ann Curry and Natalie Morales report for "Rock Center with Brian Williams" at 10p/9c.

Within this special broadcast, Natalie Morales speaks to the family of Sydney Corcoran, whose iconic image was seen around the world as a stranger in a red shirt came to her aid. Sydney was severely injured by debris and her mother Celeste, had both of her legs amputated.

Viewers will also hear from Harry Smith who sat down with the heroes from the Forum restaurant on Boylston Street, who swiftly ran to the street to help victims who were injured by the explosion.

Sound bites from the exclusive interviews follow. If used, must include mandatory credit with air date and time: "Rock Center with Brian Williams," Friday, April 19 at 10p/9c.

CORCORAN FAMILY

NATALIE MORALES: Carmen, when you realized this was a bomb, when it hit you, what actually happened? You were just right there, near the finish line. Your own family too, your husband, your kids - your three kids - were there too.

CARMEN ACCOBO (Celeste Corcoran's sister who ran the marathon): They were at the finish waiting for me. And I was terrified that my family was all gone, everyone that I loved was there. I finally got reunited with my husband and my kids and tried to - we kept saying we - my husband kept saying, "I can't find your sister."

###

KEVIN CORCORAN (Celeste's husband / Sydney's father): My wife, Celeste - I saw her eyes were open. And still, at this point, I don't realize that this is a bomb that exploded. I see her eyes are open, I know she is alive. And then I start looking around. And there are limbs everywhere and blood. And, I look down at her body to see if she's okay. And I notice her legs. And that's when it hits you. "This is obviously some type of terrorist-related event, whatever you want to call it." And that's when it got real. Instinct just takes over. You take your belt off. You put a tourniquet on, yelled to a guy who happened to be running towards me. He gave me his belt. I put on another one. And then I just laid down next to her and just told her I loved her and that everything would be okay. And I just kissed her face and gently caressed her, while people were trying to get to us.

DINERS AND STAFFERS FROM THE FORUM RESTAURANT

HARRY SMITH: Chris, tell me. So you're coming forward. Most of the people who can get out have gotten out. How many people are left there who need your help?

CHRIS LOPER: I'd say there's probably 15, 20 people, not necessarily inside the restaurant itself. The most injured people were out just in front of the patio. But because of the uncertainty, there were-- people were bringing them into the restaurant to try to aid them. So, you know, in that-- in that four or five-minute time frame, it's just us. You know, it's just the employees that form and it's just the foundation people. We're the only ones that can do anything. There's not police officers there as yet, or EMTs or anyone. So you see, you know, your bartender, you know, holding a woman. You see someone else doing amazing things.

###

JULIE WEEDEN: And then I went out to the front and that's when I just saw complete, you know, nightmare, massacre. There was blood. There was people on the streets, on the sidewalks, you know, on the patio. And, you know, there was a body part here that I saw and there was something else over there. But there was just so much blood. And you don't stop and think. You don't give your cha-- yourself the chance to realize what is actually goin' on.

###

HARRY SMITH: Are you heroes?

JAMIS MEDERIOS: You know, like some people have asked-- said what we did was heroic, and the way I look at it is we were in the wrong place at the wrong time, but we did the right thing.

JULIE WEEDEN: I think anybody would have done--

JAMIS MEDERIOS: I don't-- I don't think that we're heroes. I think that we're people that were in the wrong place at the wrong time and just chose to do the right thing.

[april 2013]

· ROCK CENTER WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS (NBC)

[01/27/15 - 08:34 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, "The Bachelor" Win Tight Demo Race
Plus: "Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials 2015" on CBS is the night's most-watched program.

[01/26/15 - 05:48 PM]
Nick Jonas Joins the Killer Cast of FOX's Upcoming Comedy-Horror Anthology Series, "Scream Queens"
He'll join the previously cast Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Joe Manganiello, Lea Michele, Abigail Breslin, Keke Palmer and Ariana Grande.

[01/26/15 - 05:13 PM]
Super Bowl Week Gets an Injection of Wit - David Feherty Style - With Back-to-Back Nights of "Feherty Live" Stage Performances from Phoenix
Both shows also will air live on Golf Channel and stream live on the Golf Live Extra app.

[01/26/15 - 12:42 PM]
3.3 Million Total Viewers Sign Up for "Sons of Liberty"
History spins the numbers for Sunday, January 25.

[01/26/15 - 12:35 PM]
"Bring It!" Returns with 1.8 Million Viewers
Lifetime spins the numbers for Friday, January 23.

[01/26/15 - 10:50 AM]
Video: MTV Releases Trailer for Fourth Season of "Catfish: The TV Show"
The series will return on Wednesday, February 25 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/26/15 - 10:48 AM]
FYI Premieres New Original Series "My City's Just Not That Into Me"
FYI and Curbed.com, published by Vox Media, are partnering for the 10 half-hour episode series, set to premiere on Wednesday, March 4 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/26/15 - 10:04 AM]
"Chain Reaction" Returns to GSN - 40 New Episodes of the Popular Word Association Game to Launch in 2015
This marks the first new episodes of the series since 2007.

[01/26/15 - 10:02 AM]
Donald Trump to Announce Winner of NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Live Two-Hour Telecast, Monday, Feb. 16 at 8 P.M.
Plus: look for "The Celebrity Apprentice: Top Feuds, Firings and Fails" on Monday, February 9 at 8:00/7:00c.

[01/26/15 - 10:01 AM]
David Tennant Joins "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones" for Netflix
He'll play the villainous Kilgrave, an enigmatic figure from Jessica's past, in the project.

[01/26/15 - 09:45 AM]
"The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst," Groundbreaking New Series Unraveling One of the Most Notorious Unsolved Crimes in New York History, Debuts Feb. 8, Exclusively on HBO
Other episodes of "The Jinx" debut subsequent Sundays at the same time through March 15.

[01/26/15 - 09:11 AM]
Nat Geo WILD's Fully Inflated "Fish Bowl II" Set for Super Bowl Sunday
This year Goldie is taking her show on the road, heading to a farm with a clownfish friend to visit some of Dr. Pol's closest animal pals.

[01/26/15 - 09:02 AM]
Carrie Underwood to Perform Special "Waiting All Day for a Super Bowl Fight" Feb. 1 on NBC
"I'm so honored to again be a part of the Super Bowl, this time joining NBC Sports in helping kick everything off! I can't wait to watch the game!" said Underwood.

[01/26/15 - 09:01 AM]
Will Ferrell & Kevin Hart to Appear & Ariana Grande to Perform Live on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" Feb. 1 Post-Super Bowl Show
Michael Keaton, Gwen Stefani, Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Young, Vin Diesel, Carl Reiner, Will Smith, Rosamund Pike and Jack White are among the scheduled guests to follow that week.

[01/26/15 - 09:01 AM]
The "50th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards" Will Be Extended by a Half-Hour in Celebration of Its Golden Anniversary, Sunday, April 19 on CBS
As previously announced, ACM Award winners Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan will return to co-host this super-sized night of incredible country music performances.