HISTORY(R) DIGITAL COMMEMORATES 100th ANNIVERSARY OF WORLD WAR I AND 70th ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY INVASION
WITH ORIGINAL CONTENT AND
NEW ARTICLES TO ROLL OUT DAILY
STARTING WEDNESDAY, MAY 21st THROUGH FRIDAY, JUNE 6th
And On Memorial Day, May 26th, HISTORY channel will premiere
WORLD WARS at 9PM ET/PT, A Six-Hour Event Series
On Three Consecutive Nights
New York, NY, May 20, 2014 - In commemoration of the centennial of the start of World War I, the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion and the premiere of HISTORY(R)'s World Wars and D-Day in HD specials, HISTORY(R) Digital will produce a series of original articles, videos and infographics that will offer a unique view of two of the seminal events of the 20th century. Beginning Wednesday, May 21st, HISTORY.com will roll out new articles daily on http://www.history.com/worldwars through Friday, June 6th.
HISTORY's World Wars & D-Day content will showcase the following:
History in the Headlines will include (http://www.history.com/news):
· Q&A with Max Brooks, author of World War Z and Harlem Hellfighters, the new graphic novel that tells the story of one of America's first all-black fighting units.
· 10 Things You May Not Know About Douglas MacArthur
· America's Forgotten World War I Memorials
· Winston Churchill, Gallipoli and World War I
· 10 Things You May Not Know About George Patton
· The First Battle of Britain: World War I Zeppelin Raids
· WWI's Native American Code Breakers
· German U-Boats Attack America During World War II
· Robert Capa and the "Lost" D-Day Photos
· Operation Fortitude and World War II Military Deception
· The Weathermen Who Saved D-Day
· D-Day, 70 Years Later
HISTORY List topics (http://www.history.com/news/history-lists):
· World War I Flying Aces
· America's World War I Heroes
· World War II on the Eastern Front
· 9 People You May Not Know Were WWII Veterans
· World War II Covert Ops
Ask HISTORY topics (http://www.history.com/news/ask-history):
· What was the Zimmerman telegram?
· What was ANZAC?
· What was Operation Paperclip?
· Was there a real "Saving Private Ryan"?
· Why was it called "D-Day"?
Hungry History will include (http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history):
· The World War II Origins of M&Ms
· Victory Gardens
· Wartime Ration Recipes
· The Red Cross' Wartime Cake Recipes
Additional new content:
· World War I by the Numbers Infographic: Get the facts behind one of history's first truly modern wars.
· D-Day by the Numbers Infographic: Find out more about the largest amphibious assault in history.
· Original video focusing on key WWI and WWI leaders, battles and technology; and an interview-based WWI video series featuring leading historians and writers
HISTORY PREMIERES Memorial Day, May 26th 9PM ET/8C
THE WORLD WARS
HISTORY will premiere the six-hour special event series, THE WORLD WARS, on three consecutive nights beginning Memorial Day, May 26 at 9PM ET/PT, continuing Tuesday, May 27 at 9PM ET/PT and concluding Wednesday, May 28 at 9PM ET/PT. Later this summer, the three-part series will also premiere on H2 and in more than 160 countries across the globe.
Narrated by two-time Oscar nominee Jeremy Renner (THE HURT LOCKER, THE TOWN), THE WORLD WARS tells the story of three devastating decades of war told through the eyes of the powerful men who held the fate of humankind in their hands; men like Roosevelt, Hitler, Patton, Mussolini, Churchill, Tojo, DeGaulle and MacArthur. The series examines the two wars as one contiguous timeline starting in 1914 and concluding in 1945 with these unique individuals coming of age in World War I before ultimately making some of the toughest decisions in the history of mankind in World War II.
About A+E Networks
A+E Networks(R) is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, to home videos/DVDs to gaming and educational software. A+E Networks is comprised of the A&E(R), Lifetime(R), HISTORY(R), LMN(R), Bio.(R), H2(TM), HISTORY en Espanol(TM), Crime & Investigation Network(R), Military HISTORY(R), A&E IndieFilms(R), A+E Networks International(R), A+E Networks Digital(R) and A+E Networks Consumer Products(TM). A+E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 300 million households in over 150 countries. A+E Networks is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.