Fargo - Series Premiere: Time Shifted Viewing (Live+3)
As expected, the first set of time shifted viewing (Live+3) for the series premiere of Fargo was massive - THE HIGHEST LIVE+SAME DAY TO LIVE+3 PERCENTAGE LIFT OF ANY DRAMA/MINISERIES PREMIERE IN FX HISTORY.
· From Live+Same Day to Live+3, the series premiere episode of Fargo (4/15, 10-11:37 PM) vaulted +68%, and rose to 4.46 million Total Viewers from 2.65 million.
· The multi telecast gross audience for the premiere episode at 10 PM and two encore airings at 11:37P and 1:13A on Tuesday night (4/15) was 6.38 million Total Viewers on Live+3, up from 4.15 million on Live+SameDay.
· The percentage lift for the Fargo premiere is significantly higher than the previous Live+3 percentage gains of The Bridge (+53%), The Americans (+44%), and even greater percentage gain than those show's Live+Same Day to Live+7 lift.
· In delivery of Total Viewers, when Live+7 data becomes available, Fargo could rank among the Top 5 most-watched drama/miniseries debut ever on FX (out of 18 dating back to the Shield in 2002). [#1 American Horror Story: Coven, 7.77 million; #2 American Horror Story: Asylum, 5.5 million; #3 The Americans, 5.11 million; #4 The Bridge, 5.07 million; #5 Justified, 4.94 million]
· In Adults 18-49, Fargo climbed +74% from Live+Same Day to Live+3, from 1.02 million to 1.78 million. That is also higher than all prior FX drama/miniseries premieres, most recently The Bridge (+67%) and The Americans (+48%).