Saturday Primetime Results:
NBC finished #1 Saturday night among the Big 4 networks in adults 18-49 and total viewers, as "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" and the 10 p.m. encore of "Saturday Night Live" tied for the night's #1 primetime rating on those networks in 18-49 (with CBS's "48 Hours") and "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" ranked #1 in primetime in total viewers.
· "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" (0.8/3 in 18-49, 5.4 million viewers overall) won the time period among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, adults 25-54 and total viewers. In total viewers, "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" grew +3% week to week (to 5.408 million from 5.237 million) and has now increased week to week in total viewers the last three weeks in a row. "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" tied for the #1 primetime program on the Big 4 Saturday night in 18-49 and was primetime's #1 show outright in total viewers.
· "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" delivered NBC's biggest overall audience in the time period, excluding sports, in more than three years (since March 5, 2011). In its nine weeks on the schedule, "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" has generated NBC's nine top total-viewer results in the time period, excluding sports, in 26 months (since Jan. 21, 2012).
· From its first half-hour to its fourth, "Dateline Saturday Night Mystery" grew by +67% in 18-49 rating (to a 1.0 rating from a 0.6), +56% in adults 25-54 (1.4 vs. 0.9) and +44% or 1.9 million persons in total viewers (6.3 million vs. 4.4 million).
· A rebroadcast of "Saturday Night Live" (0.8/3 in 18-49, 2.7 million viewers overall from 10-11 p.m. ET), with host Jonah Hill and musical guest Bastille, tied for #1 in the time period among ABC, CBS and NBC in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. The 10 p.m. "SNL" encore tied for the #1 rating of the night on the Big 4 in 18-49.
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· "Saturday Night Live," with host Andrew Garfield and musical guest Coldplay, averaged a 3.9/10 in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 2.0/9 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters, making it the #1 telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in metered market households and adults 18-49 in the Local People Meters ahead of all primetime programs on the Big 4 networks in both measures. With its first original in three weeks, "SNL" retained 100% of its prior rating in metered market households (3.9/10 on April 12 with host Seth Rogen and musical guest Ed Sheeran).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.