FOX FINISHES 2013-14 WITH NO. 1 NEW UNSCRIPTED SERIES, NO. 2 NEW DRAMA AND MOST-WATCHED TV TELECAST OF ALL TIME
Network Sets Ratings Records Again With Adults 18-34 and Teens
As the Nielsen broadcast season comes to a close, Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX) is finishing the season as the No. 2 network among Adults 18-49, steady in that core demographic and up +4% in Total Viewers compared to the previous year. Key highlights for FOX originals included:
· The No. 1 new unscripted series with Adults 18-49 (MASTERCHEF JUNIOR)
· The No. 2 new drama with Adults 18-49 (SLEEPY HOLLOW)
· The most-watched TV telecast of all time (SUPER BOWL XLVIII)
· The Golden Globe for Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical
· 7 of the Top 25 comedies on television
· 4 of the Top 25 dramas on television
· 7 of the Top 25 unscripted shows on television
In addition, FOX set broadcast industry records once again in the younger adult and teen demos, winning its 12th consecutive season among Adults 18-34, its 14th straight victory among Teens.
Weekly Highlights For The Week of May 12 - May 18, 2014
Double-digit gains by BONES, HELL'S KITCHEN and the landmark 500th episode of AMERICAN IDOL highlighted FOX's week. Overall, FOX had:
· 4 of the Top 20 programs among Adults 18-49: 24: AMERICAN IDOL-WED (No. 14), FAMILY GUY (No. 16 tie), AMERICAN IDOL-THUR (No. 16 tie) and 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY (No. 16 tie).
· 5 of the Top 20 programs among Adults 18-34: FAMILY GUY (No. 4), THE SIMPSONS (No. 11), 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY (No. 13 tie), AMERICAN IDOL-WED (No. 13 tie) and AMERICAN DAD-7:30P (No. 19).
· 5 of the Top 20 programs among Teens: FAMILY GUY (No. 5), AMERICAN IDOL-WED (No. 6), AMERICAN IDOL-THUR (No. 8), THE SIMPSONS (No. 11) and AMERICAN DAD (No. 12).
· 1 of the Top 20 programs among Total Viewers: AMERICAN IDOL-WED (No. 19).
Monday: FOX ranked third in nightly prime among Adults 18-49 (1.8/5). BONES (1.7/5) increased two-tenths from its most recent original (1.5/5 on 4/21/14). At 9pm, week two of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY delivered a 2.0/6.
Tuesday: At 8pm, the season five finale of GLEE drew a 0.6/2 while RIOT debuted with a 0.5/1 at 9pm among Adults 18-49.
Wednesday: FOX (2.1/6) was Wednesday's No. 2 broadcast network. The 500th episode of AMERICAN IDOL (2.1/6), featuring the Top 3 finalists, grew +17% from the previous Wednesday.
Thursday: FOX (1.9/6) once again ranked as the No. 2 broadcast network among Adults 18-49 on Thursday. HELL'S KITCHEN (1.7/6) gained +13% from its performance the previous week. At 9pm, AMERICAN IDOL-THU (2.0/6) built four-tenths (+25%) from the previous week's half-hour results show.
Friday: An encore of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY (0.4/2) led in to the season finale of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES (0.9/3).
Saturday: FOX (0.3/1) aired an encore special KITCHEN NIGHTMARES (0.4/2) followed by an encore of THE FOLLOWING (0.2/1).
Sunday: FOX (1.3/4) ranked third among Adults 18-49 in broadcast prime with the season finales of BOB'S BURGERS (0.9/4), AMERICAN DAD (1.2/4), THE SIMPSONS (1.6/5) and FAMILY GUY (2.0/6), followed by an original COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY (1.1/3) at 9pm.
FOX Program Ratings For the Week
MAY 12 - MAY 18, 2014
ADULTS 18 49 ADULTS 18 34 VIEWERS (Mil)
FOX 1.2/4 FOX 0.9/4 FOX 4.2
ABC 1.8/6 ABC 1.3/5 ABC 7.2
CBS 1.5/5 CBS 0.8/3 CBS 8.2
NBC 1.4/5 NBC 0.9/4 NBC 5.4
CW 0.6/2 CW 0.5/2 CW 1.4
UNI 1.0/3 UNI 0.9/4 UNI 2.7
TEL 0.5/2 TEL 0.5/2 TEL 1.2
About Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), a unit of 21st Century Fox, is home to some of the highest-rated and most acclaimed series on television, including AMERICAN IDOL, THE FOLLOWING, NEW GIRL, GLEE, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, THE SIMPSONS, FAMILY GUY and SLEEPY HOLLOW. FOX is the only network to ever rank No. 1 in the key adult demographic for eight consecutive seasons and continues to dominate all network competition in the more targeted Adults 18-34 and Teen demographics. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week as well as major sports and Sunday morning news. �Like� FOX on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FOXTV and follow the network on Twitter @FOXTV. For additional information about FOX, please visit www.fox.com.