JUNE WEDDINGS KICKOFF LIFTS HALLMARK CHANNEL TO #1 ON ENTERTAINMENT CABLE FOR THE WEEKEND
New Original Movie, Wedding Season, Helps Boost Network to #1 in Weekend Total Day, Primetime
June 7, 2023, NEW YORK -- Hallmark Channel, viewers' year-round destination for all things love and romance, debuted its June Weddings programming event this past weekend, helping propel the network to be #1 across entertainment cable in Weekend Total Day and Weekend Primetime among key demos. The stunt kicked off with original movie premiere Wedding Season, which reigned as the #1 most-watched entertainment cable program on Saturday among Households, Women and Persons 18+, and Total Viewers, and the #2 most-watched program of the week among Households and Women 18+. The network's sister channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, also made waves with all-new original movie The Dancing Detective: A Deadly Tango starring Lacey Chabert and Will Kemp, which premiered as the #2 most-watched entertainment cable program on Friday among Households and #3 among Women and Persons 18+.
Network and movie highlights include (L+SD):
· Hallmark Channel registered as the #1 most-watched entertainment cable network in Weekend Total Day among Households, and #1 in Weekend Primetime among Households and Women 18+
· Wedding Season premiered as the #1 most-watched entertainment cable program on Saturday among Households, Women and Persons 18+, and Total Viewers, and the #2 most-watched entertainment cable program of the week among Households and Women 18+
· Network ranked as the #2 entertainment cable network of the week in Total Day among Households and Women 18+
· Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' original movie The Dancing Detective: A Deadly Tango premiered as the #2 most-watched entertainment cable program on Friday among Households and #3 among Women and Persons 18+
· Wedding Season reached 2 million Unduplicated Total Viewers
· The Dancing Detective: A Deadly Tango reached 1.3 million Unduplicated Total Viewers
*Source: Nielsen L+SD Program based data, Strict Daypart-Span; 5/29/23-6/4/23; Excludes News/Sports; Networks that share feeds are weight averaged to daypart based on duration. Unduplicated P2+ Reach, 6 min qualifier.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Hallmark Media's flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country's leading destination for quality, feel-good entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network's lineup of signature original content includes movies, primetime scripted series, and specials. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate holidays, seasons, and life's special moments, Hallmark Channel is home to a host of annual programming events, including the highly successful Countdown to Christmas, which has become a pop culture phenomenon and a beloved holiday tradition for millions of viewers. Rounding out the network's slate are some of television's most classic comedies and series, including The Golden Girls, Frasier, and Reba.