THIS JUST IN...
...from CBS Entertainment
THE MILESTONE 25TH SEASON OF "THE AMAZING RACE" KICKS OFF FROM TIMES SQUARE IN NEW YORK CITY
THE AMAZING RACE began its milestone 25th trip around the world earlier this morning, Saturday, May 31, when the Emmy Award-winning series kicked off from Times Square in New York City. In Spring 2001, the teams who participated in the first season of RACE began their trek in Central Park. The 25th edition of the show will premiere this fall on a new day and time, Fridays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) serves as host.
Meet the 11 teams competing on the upcoming season of THE AMAZING RACE:
· Bethany Hamilton and Adam Dirks: Married Surfers from Princeville, Hawaii
· Kym Perfetto and Alli Forsythe: Urban Bike Racers from Brooklyn, N.Y.
· Amy DeJong and Maya Warren: Food Scientists from Madison, Wisc.
· Lisa Thomson and Michelle Thomson: Realtor Sisters from Miami, Fla.
· Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo: Firefighters from Boston, Mass.
· Brooke Adams and Robbie E. Strauss: Dating Pro Wrestlers from Houston, Texas and Woodbridge, N.J., respectively.
· Tim Tsao and Te Jay McGrath: College Sweethearts from Pasadena, Calif.
· Isabelle Du and Dennis Hour: Model and Accountant, respectively, from Tustin, Calif.
· Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan: Engaged Couple from Nashville, Tenn.
· Misti and Jim Raman: Married Dentists from Columbia, S.C.
· Shelley and Nici Porter: Mother/Daughter from Detroit, Mich.
Amazing facts about THE AMAZING RACE! Over the past 24 seasons:
· 234 Teams have competed on the Race
· 770,000 Miles traveled by Racers
· 84 Countries visited
· 286 Total number of Road Blocks
· 12 Number of times in China, the most-visited country on the Race
THE AMAZING RACE sends 11 teams on a trek around the world. Each Team is comprised of two people who have a pre-existing relationship with one another. At every destination, each Team competes in a series of challenges - some mental and some physical - and when the tasks have been completed, they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning at least $1 million.
Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.
CBS Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CBSTweet